15 rooms of the Villa Cargnacco in Gardone on Lake Garda, where Gabriele D’Annunzio moved in 1921 and lived until his death.
The Film is the product of a cinematic jam-session held in Gabriele D’Annuzio Villa Cargnacco: four cameramen and film-makers (Irene von Alberti, Elfi Mikesch, Klaus Wyborny and Heinz Emigholz) simultaneously document the rooms of the villa in their specific styles. The villa is part of the Vittoriale, a museum-like theme park that D’Annunzio himself and his personal architect Giancarlo Maroni spent almost two decades designing and furnishing.
Festivals & Awards:
- Berlinale Forum – Premiere am 11.2.2019
- Jeonju International Film Festival 2019
- Festival ECRÃ, Rio de Janeiro, Brasilien 2019
- Vancouver International Film Festival 2019
- Doclisboa - Festival Internacional de Cinema 2019