A cinematic documentation of 29 buildings by the Uruguayan architect and shell-construction master Eladio Dieste (1917-2000). As prologue, three buildings by Julio Vilamajó in Montevideo. As appendix, buildings by Eladio Dieste in Spain.
Eladio Dieste’s innovations and alternative construction methods were for a long time more efficient than conventional methods and made it possible to build large spans in a manner never seen before. Today he is regarded as an outstanding construction-engineering artist. His writings on architecture and construction and his ideas on creating form and on the relationship between architecture and art establish him as a profound thinker on social architectonic practice.
Festivals & Awards:
- Berlinale Forum, 2017
- Hong Kong International Film Festival, 2017
- BAFICI Buenos Aires Festival Internacional de Cine Independiente, 2017
- IndieLisboa International Film Festival, 2017
- Tag der Architektur – Wiesbadener Festtage, 2017
- Milano Design Film Festival, 2017
- Viennale – Vienna International Film Festival, 2017
- Heinz Emigholz Retrospektive im Stadtkino Basel, 2017
- Human Rights Festival Zagreb, 2017
- Copenhagen Architecture Festival, 2018
- BOZAR Cinema Brussels, 2018
- Metakino Festival Helsinki, 2019